By Zekâi Şen
Applied Drought Modelling, Prediction, and Mitigation offers a realistic advisor to new and up to date methodologies for drought characterizations, switch modeling, down-scaling, and destiny predictions.
The modeling techniques lined by way of the e-book comprise fresh developments in neighborhood drought quantity, assurance, depth, and water deficit predictions, that are more and more major given present weather swap affects on water assets.
Each modeling technique is defined theoretically sooner than the mathematical derivation, and contains e-book examples, workouts, and case reviews that complement the utilized and functional fabric, therefore making the ways obtainable and acceptable to the reader.
- Presents new and up to date methodologies for drought characterizations, switch modeling, down-scaling, and destiny predictions
- Includes on-line modeling instruments to aid readers speedy resolve drought similar problems
- Presents methodologies, together with drought positive factors (duration, depth, and value) at any wanted probability level
- Include case stories from arid and semi-arid regions
Read or Download Applied Drought Modeling, Prediction, and Mitigation PDF
Best environmental technology & engineering books
Bioremediation and Sustainability is an updated and accomplished therapy of study and functions for probably the most vital reasonably cheap, "green," rising applied sciences in chemical and environmental engineering.
Compact and useful, Spellman's typical instruction manual for Wastewater Operators: quantity III, complicated point, moment version rounds out the revision of this three-volume set. jointly, those 3 volumes arrange operators to procure licensure and function wastewater remedy crops adequately. This quantity offers utilized math and chemistry when it comes to real-world difficulties, covers gear upkeep, and explains equipment utilized in the laboratory and within the box.
"Transport bills for 26% of worldwide CO2 emissions and is among the few business sectors the place emissions are nonetheless transforming into. there's a have to think of edition in order that society is resilient to the long run affects of weather switch on our networks, and a holistic framework for examine and funding is needed to enhance the connection among delivery and weather swap.
Aerosol know-how in possibility assessment is the 5th within the sequence of books near to aerosol know-how. This sequence is prepared into 9 chapters that disguise the houses, sampling, and respirable job of aerosol. After in short describing the character of an inhalation danger, the booklet examines the homes, dimension, and value of geometric diameters of aerosols, in addition to the form components concerning them to varied particulate houses.
- Practice of Sustainable Community Development: A Participatory Framework for Change
- Geomorphic Approaches to Integrated Floodplain Management of Lowland Fluvial Systems in North America and Europe
- Pollution Control and Resource Recovery: Sewage Sludge
- Particles in Water: Properties and Processes: Properties and Separation Methods
- Indoor Air Quality Engineering
Extra resources for Applied Drought Modeling, Prediction, and Mitigation